Prof. Vishal Monga has been on the EE faculty at Penn State since Fall 2009. From Oct 2005- July 2009 he was an imaging scientist with Xerox Research Labs. He has also been a visiting researcher at Microsoft Research in Redmond, WA and a visiting faculty at the University of Rochester. Prior to that, he received his PhDEE from the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Texas, Austin. Prof. Monga's research has been recognized via the US National Science Foundation CAREER award. For his educational efforts, Dr. Monga received the 2016 Joel and Ruth Spira Teaching Excellence award.
Prof. Monga is an IEEE Senior Member. Here's a glimpse of his recent professional activities:
Selected Editorial Boards and IEEE Technical Committees
Selected Conference Committees and Related Contributions
- Tutorial at (2016 and) 2017 IEEE Radar Conference, Convex Optimization for Adaptive Radar.
- Technical Program Committee, 2016 IEEE Global SIP.
- Technical Program Committee (and Special Session Chair) for IEEE Radar Conference 2013-2014, 2017.
- Area Chair for IEEE ICIP 2011-2013.
- Chair for special session at IEEE Asilomar 2012: Convex Optimization in Signal and Image Processing.
- Track Chair for the Image, Video and Speech Processing Track at IEEE Asilomar 2011.
- Technical Program Committee - IEEE ICIP 2011-12, IEEE Asilomar 2011-12, IEEE ICME 2011.
- Technical Review Committee: ICIP 2005-present, ICASSP 2006-present.
- Program Committee and Vice-Chair: IEEE Western NY Image Processing Workshop (2008).